Bhaskara, aka: Bhāskara; 1 Definition(s)
Bhaskara means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Bhāskara (भास्कर).—(Āditya, Sūrya): an epithet of the Sun;1 creator of days and therefore of time; is Samvatsara;2 vanquished by Rāvaṇa;3 devotees of, reach Śivālayam by dying at Benares;4 the maṇḍalam of, 9000 yojanas in extent, twice that of the Moon;5 dvādaśātma.6
- 1) Matsya-purāṇa 11. 10; 93. 13; Vāyu-purāṇa 31. 35, 37; Viṣṇu-purāṇa II. 8. 2; VI. 7. 3 and 20.
- 2) Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 13. 124, 126; 21. 6.
- 3) Ib. III. 5. 79; 7. 254; IV. 9. 35.
- 4) Matsya-purāṇa 183. 104.
- 5) Vāyu-purāṇa 50. 61, 63.
- 6) Ib. 53. 42.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 10 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
|Sri Bhaskara Dikshita|
Sri Bhaskara Dikshita seems to belong to the southern parts. He was the disciple of Krishnan...
Nāga (नाग).—Description of a women of nāga type;—A woman who has a pointed nose and sharp teeth...
1a) Agastya (अगस्त्य).—A son of Pulastya and Havirbhū: he was Dahra-agni in his previous ...
("indentity-in-difference") Philosophical school whose best-known figures were Bha...
Mica (called abhraka, gagana, vyoma or kha), one of the three major mineral manifestations o...
Dhruvamatsya (ध्रुवमत्स्य):—The Dhruva-matsya is a constellation of twelve stars. Of t...
1a) Vātaskandha (वातस्कन्ध).—There are seven Vātaskandhas each with a Marut gaṇa of seven...
Saptasāgaradāna (सप्तसागरदान).—A gift; seven gold kuṇḍas (7 palas to 1,000) with salt, mi...
Arthasamgraha (अर्थसङ्ग्रह); Laugakshi Bhaskara (लौगाक्षि भास्कर) wrote this short work as a...
Pratiṣṭhātantra (प्रतिष्ठातन्त्र).—In addition to the general scriptural works of the ...
Search found 49 books containing Bhaskara or Bhāskara. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Date of Bhāskara
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Bhāskara and Rāmānuja
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Bhāskara and Śaṅkara
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > The Philosophy of Bhāskara’s Bhāṣya
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Criticism of the views of Rāmānuja and Bhāskara
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > The Bhāskara School of Philosophy
- · Śrī Hari-bhakti-kalpa-latikā > ... > Text 8
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Enumeration of the names of Vratas (vows and penances) commenced
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Ontological position of Rāmānuja’s Philosophy
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > The nature of Brahman
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > Preface
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 23. Anubhūtisvarūpa
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Philosophy of the Prakaṭārtha-vivaraṇa (a.d. 1200)
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Vallabha’s Interpretation of the Brahma-sūtra
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 51. Ānandagiri
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Division of the Yajur-veda
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 52. Brahmānanda
- · The Brahma Purana > Konaraka
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > The Precursors of the Viśiṣṭādvaita Philosophy
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Āyurveda Literature
» Click here to see all 49 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.