An archer of the Vṛṣṇi dynasty. He lived for the Pāṇḍavas and attained Vīra Svarga (Heaven for the brave) in the great battle.
(1) Cekitāna was present at the svayaṃvara of Draupadī. (Chapter 171, Śloka 18, Udyoga Parva).
2) When the Pāṇḍavas entered the hall constructed by Maya for the first time Cekitāna was with them. (Śloka 27, Chapter 4, Sabhā Parva).
3) At the time of the Rājasūya he approached Dharmaputra and presented him with an arrow-holder. (Śloka 9, Chapter 53, Sabhā Parva).
4) On the first day of the great battle this great archer wrestled with Suśarmā. (Śloka 60, Chapter 45, Bhīṣma Parva).
5) At the Kurukṣetra in the combat with Kṛpācārya both of them fainted. (Śloka 31, Chapter 84, Bhīṣma Parva).
6) He wrestled with Citrasena. (Śloka 8, Chapter 110, Bhīṣma Parva).
7) Cekitāna fought with Anuvinda in the Kurukṣetra battle. (Śloka 48, Chapter 14, Droṇa Parva).
8) Droṇācārya defeated Cekitāna in the great battle. (Śloka 68, Chapter 125, Droṇa Parva).
9) Duryodhana killed Cekitāna in the great battle. (Śloka 31, Chapter 12, Śalya Parva).
10) When Vyāsa by his yogic powers invited the spirits of all the dead warriors on the banks of the Gaṅgā the spirit of Cekitāna was also there. (Śloka 12, Chapter 32, Āśramavāsika Parva).