Uparicara, 1 Definition(s)
Uparicara means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Uparicara (उपरिचर).—(Burnouf—uparica)—A Vasu. Son of Kṛti. (Kṛtaka, Viṣṇu-purāṇa). Father of Bṛhadratha and other sons.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 22. 5; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 19. 80-81.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including religious ceremonies, various arts, sciences and historical legends. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 13 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Matsya (मत्स्य, “fish”) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the ten incarnati...
Ṛṣabha (ऋषभ).—The son of Nābhi (by Merudevī), who was a son of Medhātithi, according t...
1) Sahadeva (सहदेव).—Nakula’s twin, and the fifth of the sons of Pāṇḍu, and youn...
1a) Kuśāmba (कुशाम्ब).—A son of Uparicara and a king of the Cedis.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX....
1) Vasu (वसु):—Son of Bhūtajyoti (son of Sumati). He had a son named Pratīka. (see Bhā...
Jarāsandha (जरासन्ध).—The King of Magadha. He was killed by Bhīma. (Sabhā Parva in Mah...
Cedipa (चेदिप).—A son of Uparicara and king of Cedi.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 22. 6.
Kuśāgra (कुशाग्र).—The son of Bṛhadratha and father of Ṛṣabha. (Vṛṣabha-m.p.).** Bhāgavat...
1) Bṛhadratha (बृहद्रथ):—Son of Devarata (son of Suketu). He had a son named Mahāvīrya...
Kṛti (कृति) refers to a class of rhythm-type (chandas) containing twenty syllables in a pāda...
Pratyagra (प्रत्यग्र):—One of the sons of Uparicara Vasu (son of Kṛtī, who was the son...
Bṛahadratha (बृअहद्रथ).—A son of Uparicara Vasu and father of Kuśāgra by one wife; throug...
1a) Kṛtin (कृतिन्).—A son of Sannatīmat. Learnt yoga from Hiraṇyanābha, and sang the six ...
Search found 3 books containing Uparicara. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with U
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Puru
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.179
» Click here to see all 3 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.