Sahasrajit, aka: Sahasrājit; 2 Definition(s)
Sahasrajit means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1a) Sahasrajit (सहस्रजित्).—(Sahasrajiḥ, Matsya-purāṇa); the eldest of the five sons of Yadu and father of Śatajit.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 23. 20. 21; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 69. 2. Matsya-purāṇa 43. 7; Vāyu-purāṇa 94. 2; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 11. 5-6.
1b) A son of Jāmbavatī; got killed in Prabhāsa.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa X. 61. 11; XI. 30. 17.
1c) A son of Sudevī and Kṛṣṇa.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 71. 251.
1d) One of the sons of Sudevī and Viṣvaksena.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 96. 242.
1e) A son of Bhajamāna.*
- * Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 13. 2.
2a) Sahasrājit (सहस्राजित्).—A son of Bhajamāna.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 8.
2b) A son of Upavāhyakā.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 71. 5.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
One of the 108 names of Krishna; Meaning: "One Who Vanquishes Thousands"Source: humindian: 108 names of Lord Krishna
Search found 2 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Yadu (यदु).—Originator of the Yādava race; the eldest son of Yayāti and Devayānī. Fat...
1a) Śatajit (शतजित्).—One of the hundred sons of Viraja.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa V. 15. 15.1b)...
Search found 3 books containing Sahasrajit or Sahasrājit. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Race of Yadu, An account of Arjuna, the lord of a thousand arms
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > An account of the sons of Satvata
» Click here to see all 3 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.