Arudha, 1 Definition(s)
Arudha means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Arudha (अरुध).—The son of Setu and father of Gāndhāra.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 74. 7-9; Vāyu-purāṇa 99. 7-9.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 2 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Yoga (योग) refers to “suggestion of similar facts” and is the name of a yukti, or ‘technical di...
Ārūḷha, (pp. of āruhati) — 1. ascended, mounted, gone up, gone on to IV. 137; J. VI, 452 (T. ār...
Search found 5 books containing Arudha. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Śrī Hari-bhakti-kalpa-latikā > ... > Text 14
- · Śrī Hari-bhakti-kalpa-latikā > ... > Text 42
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.320
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part I > ... > Different States of Knowledge and Ignorance
- · Śrī Bhakti-rasāmṛta-sindhu > ... > Third Wave: Involuntary Ecstatic Expressions
» Click here to see all 5 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.