Anaranya, aka: Anaraṇya; 3 Definition(s)
Anaranya means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1a) Anaraṇya (अनरण्य).—The son of Trasaddasyu and father of Haryaśva (Pṛṣadaśva, Viṣṇu-purāṇa); killed by Rāvaṇa in his digvijaya.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 7. 4; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 3. 17-18.
1b) The son of Sambhūta, killed by Rāvaṇa.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 63. 74; Vāyu-purāṇa 88. 75-6.
1c) The son of Sarvakarman.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 12. 47.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Anaraṇya (अनरण्य):—Son of Trasaddasyu (son of Purukutsa). He had a son named Haryaśva. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.7.4)Source: Wisdom Library: Hinduism
Anaranya is a King of the Solar dynasty and an ancestor of Rama. He is the son of Bana, and the father of Prithu.Source: Apam Napat: Indian Mythology
Search found 9 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Bāṇa (बाण).—In the Harṣacarita Bāṇa devotes the first two Ucchvāsas and even a portion of the t...
1) Ravana (रवन).—Son of Dharma (Vasu).** Viṣṇu-purāṇa I. 15. 113.2) Rāvaṇa (रावण).—...
Pṛthu (पृथु).—The son of Vibhu, who was the son of Prastotā, according to the Varāhapu...
1a) Haryaśva (हर्यश्व).—A son of Dhṛḍhāśva, and father of Nikumbha.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX...
1a) Pṛṣadaśva (पृषदश्व).—A son of Virūpa, and father of Rathitara;1 a Mantrakṛt.21) Bhāg...
1a) Trasaddasyu (त्रसद्दस्यु).—See Māndhāta.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 6. 33.1b) A Mantrakṛt...
Tribandhana (त्रिबन्धन).—The son of Aruṇa and father of Satyavrata.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX...
Trasadasyu (त्रसदस्यु).—(Trasadas-vā. p., br. p.) son of Narmadā and Purukutsa, and fathe...
Prāruṇa (प्रारुण):—Son of Haryaśva (son of Anaraṇya). He had a son named Tribandhana. ...
Search found 9 books containing Anaranya or Anaraṇya. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of royal princes (solar race)
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Hymns of destroying the Nagas, origin of Sagara
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Announcement of the Genealogies
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with A
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the story of Satyavrata
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Garuda Purana > An Account of the City of the King of Justice
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Posterity of Dhruva
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
» Click here to see all 9 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.