Mantri, 2 Definition(s)
Mantri means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1a) Mantri (मन्त्रि).—A Vānara chief.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 7. 238.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Nāṭyaśāstra (theatrics and dramaturgy)
The Ministers (mantri)—Those who shine as royal ministers are men of their word, discerners of good qualities, wealthy, famed, learned in mood (bhāva), knowing good from evil, fain of the flavour of love, impartial, well-conducted, of good will, learned, devoted servants of the king, and men of culture.Source: archive.org: The mirror of gesture (abhinaya-darpana)
about this context:
Nāṭyaśāstra (नाट्यशास्त्र, natya-shastra) refers to both the ancient Indian tradition of performing arts, (e.g., theatrics, drama, dance, music), as well as the name of a Sanskrit work dealing with these subjects. It also teaches the rules for composing dramatic plays (nāṭya) and poetic works (kāvya).
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Cakravartin (चक्रवर्तिन्).—Came into being in Treta and partook the aṃśa of Hari to prote...
Search found 12 books containing Mantri. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.244
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.7.118
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.5.116
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.11
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.17
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.272-273
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.65
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.76
- · The Practice Manual of Noble Tārā Kurukullā > ... > Chapter 1
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > The Audience etc.
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Highest Knowledge of Brahmā
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 3, Part II > ... > Identity of the mind and living soul
» Click here to see all 12 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.