Bahuputra, aka: Bāhuputra; 1 Definition(s)
Bahuputra means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1) Bahuputra (बहुपुत्र).—A Prajāpati, who married two daughters of Dakṣa and had four sons.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 1. 54; II. 37. 45; Vāyu-purāṇa 65. 53; 66. 77; Viṣṇu-purāṇa I. 15. 104, 135.
2) Bāhuputra (बाहुपुत्र).—Married two daughters of Dakṣa.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 146. 17; Vāyu-purāṇa 63. 42.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Prajāpati (प्रजापति) is the father of Tripṛṣṭha: the first Vāsudeva according to both Śvetāmbar...
Search found 4 books containing Bahuputra or Bāhuputra. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 2.33
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > The world overrun with trees; they are destroyed by the Pracetasas
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 901-1000
- · The Nilamata Purana > Verses 601-700
» Click here to see all 4 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.