Bahuputra, aka: Bāhuputra; 1 Definition(s)
Bahuputra means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
1) Bahuputra (बहुपुत्र).—A Prajāpati, who married two daughters of Dakṣa and had four sons.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 1. 54; II. 37. 45; Vāyu-purāṇa 65. 53; 66. 77; Viṣṇu-purāṇa I. 15. 104, 135.
2) Bāhuputra (बाहुपुत्र).—Married two daughters of Dakṣa.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 146. 17; Vāyu-purāṇa 63. 42.
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 1 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Prajāpati (प्रजापति) is the father of Tripṛṣṭha: the first Vāsudeva (“violent heroes”) accordin...
The Nilamata Purana (by Dr. Ved Kumari)
The Vishnu Purana (by Horace Hayman Wilson)
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.