Kalana, 2 Definition(s)
Kalana (कलन) is another name (synonym) for Vetasa, which is a Sanskrit name for the plant Salix caprea (goat willow). This synonym was identified by Narahari in his 13th-century Rājanighaṇṭu (verse 9.106), which is an Āyurvedic medicinal thesaurus. Certain plant parts of Vetasa are eaten as a vegetable (śāka), and it is therefore part of the Śākavarga group of medicinal plants, referring to the “group of vegetables/pot-herbs”.
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > The Tripura Vidya
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 3, Part I > ... > Means of Obtaining the Divine Presence
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Different seasons of the year
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > Philosophy of the Ahirbudhnya-saṃhitā
» Click here to see all 4 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.