Samudrasena, 1 Definition(s)
Samudrasena means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Samudrasena (समुद्रसेन).—A Kinnara gaṇa; horsefaced.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 69. 32.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
No further definitions found.
Search found 5 books containing Samudrasena. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CLXXXVIII
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section XXIX
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section LXVII
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter XXIX
» Click here to see all 5 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.