Bodhicitta, aka: Bodhi-citta; 4 Definition(s)
A Mahayana technical term meaning "thought of enlightenment". Bodhicatta is believed to be the prerequisite to actual entry onto bodhisattva path.
In Buddhism, bodhicitta (Jp:. bodaishin, Tibetan: jang chub sem) is the wish to attain complete enlightenment (that is, Buddhahood) in order to be of benefit to all sentient beings - beings trapped in cyclic existence (samsara) and have not yet reached Buddhahood. One who has bodhicitta as the primary motivation for all of his or her activities is called a bodhisattva.
Cittā (चित्ता) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for th...
1) Bodhi, 2 (=bodhi1) the tree of wisdom, the sacred Bo tree, the fig tree (Assattha, Ficus rel...
Cittānupassanā:—the critique of heart, adj. °ânupassin D.II, 299; III, 221, 281; ...
Akusala citta and akusala cetasika are akusala dhammas, dhammas which are unskilful, unprofi...
The smile-producing consciousness of the arahat. (Abhidhamma in Daily Life, Chapter 9)
When the citta is wholesome, kusala, all accompanying cetasikas are also kusala, even those kin...
Seeing-consciousness is vipakacitta (citta which is result).
Cittasālā—a painted room or picture gallery DA.I, 253;
Cittāgāra—a painted house, i.e. furnished with pictures; a picture gallery Vin.IV, 29...
Cittamudutā—plasticity of mind (or thought) Dhs.62, 277, 325;
Cittakathika—=°kathin A.I, 24; Th.2, 449 (+bahussuta), expld at ThA.281 by cittad...
Cittavikkhepa—(cp. °kkhepa) madness S.I, 126 (+ummāda); Nett 27; Vism.34; ...
Cittakamma—decoration, ornamentation, painting J.IV, 408; VI, 333; Miln.278; Vism.3...
Cittasantāpa—“heart-burn, ” sorrow PvA.18 (=soka);
Cittapāṭalī—Name of a plant (the “pied” trumpet-flower) in the world of As...
- · The Great Chariot > Bodhicitta, the Mind Focused on Complete Enlightenment
- · The Mahavamsa > The Receiving Of The Great Bodhi-tree
- · The Mahavamsa > The Coming Of The Bodhi-tree
- · Anāgārika Dharmapāla > Mahā Bodhi Journal
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 1 > ... > Citta
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > Citta And Cetasika
- · Anāgārika Dharmapāla > Establishment of the Mahā Bodhi Society: 1891
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > Citta Knows an Object
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > How Citta Conditions Rupa
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 443.: Culla-Bodhi-Jātaka.
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > Functions of Citta
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 1 > ... > The Cognitive Process and some characteristics of Citta
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > A Process of Citta
- · Abhidhamma in Daily Life > The First Citta In Life
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > The Nature Of Javana-citta
- · Abhidhamma in Daily Life > Different Aspects Of Citta
- · Abhidhamma in Daily Life > Different Types Of Patisandhi-citta
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 479.: Kāliṅga-Bodhi-Jātaka.
- · Abhidhamma in Daily Life > Doors And Physical Bases Of Citta
- · A Survey of Paramattha Dhammas > ... > To Citta
» Click here to see all 928 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.