by Ashin Janakabhivamsa | 66,666 words
English translation of "Abhidhamma in Daily Life" by Professor Ko Lay. Revised by Sayadaw U Silananda, International Theravada Buddhist Missionary University, Yangon, 1999...
- Sub-Contents: (+ / -)
At This Stage of your learning, you should understand the Ten Evil Conducts (duccarita) also known as unwholesome course of actions (akusala kammapatha) and Ten Moral Conducts (sucaritha), mentioned in Ratana Gonyi of mine or in various others treatises!
Punna means that which purifies the mind, which in fact means good deeds. Kiriya means that which ought to be done. Vatthu means that which produces prosperity and welfare. These ten moral deeds give you the highest blessing called Mangala (the Auspicious).
The Ten Punna Kiriya Vatthu are:
- Dana (charity)
- Síla (morality)
- Bhávaná (meditation)
- Apacayana (giving due respect to others)
- Veyyavaca (rendering service and assistance)
- Patti-Dana (sharing merits)
- Pattanumodhana (rejoicing at and appreciation of merits of others)
- Dhammassavana (listening to the Dhamma)
- Dhammadesana (teaching the Dhamma to others)
- Ditthijukamma (right belief)