Wrong Path, 1 Definition(s)
Wrong Path means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
micchā-magga.Source: Pali Kanon: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines
Search found 1480 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
There are also eightfold paths: 1) noble eightfold path (āryāṣṭāṅgamārga); 2) path...
Magga, (cp. Epic Sk. mārga, fr. mṛg to track, trace) 1. a road (usually high road), way, foot-p...
Viśuddhā (विशुद्धा).—A group of gods of the X epoch of Manu.** Viṣṇu-purāṇa III. 2. 25.
There are also threefold paths (to go directly to nirvāṇa): A) Three kinds of bad paths ...
There are also twofold paths (to go directly to nirvāṇa): bad path (akuśala-mārga) a...
There are also fourfold paths: 1) the path of worldly people (pṛthagjanamārga), the pat...
Bhūmi (भूमि) is a synonym for adhiṣṭhāna (‘platform’), according to the Kāś...
Samādhi (समाधि, “concentration”).—One of the ten guṇas (merits) of a kāvya (dramatic play);—Des...
There are also fivefold paths: 1) path of the damned (nārakamārga), path of the animals...
There are also sixfold paths: 1) path of the damned (nārakamārga), path of the animals ...
There is a simple path (ekayāna) to go directly to nirvāṇa: this is mindfulness (smṛti) and ...
Diṭṭhi, (f.) (Sk. dṛṣṭi; cp. dassana) view, belief, dogma, theory, speculation, esp. false the...
There are also ninefold paths: 1) path of the nine successive absorptions (anupūrvasamā...
(or view), w. thought, w. speech; etc: s. micchā-magga.
Search found 3687 books containing Wrong Path. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Brahma Sutras (Shankara Bhashya) > ... > Adhikarana I - The path connected with deities beginning with that of the flame is the only path to Brahmaloka
- · The Bhikkhus Rules > ... > Wrong Livelihood
- · The Great Chariot > ... > Refuting other wrong conceptions of others
- · Cetasikas > ... > Wrong View
- · Vipassana Meditation > ... > Purification Of Knowledge
- · The Bhikkhus Rules > ... > Socializing And Wrong Resort
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Right And Wrong Good Kamma
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Wrong Way of Instruction
- · Parables of Rama > ... > Wrong Reasoning
- · The Bhikkhus Rules > ... > Wrong Ways Of Behavior
- · Fundamentals of Vipassana Meditation > Noble Path
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On Wrong and Right
- · Buddha, the Word > The Eightfold Path
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Ditthi
- · The Four Noble Truths > ... > The Eightfold Path As A Reflective Teaching
- · Shakti and Shakta > ... > Matam Rutra (the Right and Wrong Interpretation)
- · A Brief Outline of Buddhism > The Middle Path
- · Conditions > Path-condition
- · The Great Chariot > ... > The path of seeing
- · The Great Chariot > ... > A. The stages of entering the path of Mahayana
» Click here to see all 3687 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.