Vidharman: 5 definitions
Vidharman means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
Vidharman (विधर्मन्).—a. Acting wrongly, untruly; प्रमदा शीलसंपूर्णा पत्येव च विधर्मणा (pramadā śīlasaṃpūrṇā patyeva ca vidharmaṇā) Rām.4.17.42; Mahābhārata (Bombay) 12.59.94.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Cappeller Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Vidharman (विधर्मन्).—1. [masculine] holder, supporter, arranger; enclosure, receptacle, limits; arrangement, disposition, direction.
--- OR ---
Vidharman (विधर्मन्).—2. [adjective] = 3 vidharma.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Vidharman (विधर्मन्):—[=vi-dharman] [from vi] 1. vi-dharman mfn. (for 2. See vi-√dhṛ) acting wrongly or unlawfully, [ib.]
2) [=vi-dharman] [from vi-dhṛ] 2. vi-dharman m. (for 1. See p. 951, col. 1) a maintainer, arranger, disposer, [Ṛg-veda; Atharva-veda]
3) [v.s. ...] n. that which encircles or surrounds, receptacle, boundaries, circumference, [Ṛg-veda; Atharva-veda; Pañcaviṃśa-brāhmaṇa]
4) [v.s. ...] disposition, arrangement, order, rule, [Ṛg-veda; Atharva-veda]
5) [v.s. ...] Name of a Sāman, [Ārṣeya-brāhmaṇa]Source: DDSA: Paia-sadda-mahannavo; a comprehensive Prakrit Hindi dictionary (S)
Vidharman (विधर्मन्) in the Sanskrit language is related to the Prakrit word: Vihamma.
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Search found 1 books and stories containing Vidharman, Vi-dharman; (plurals include: Vidharmans, dharmans). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: