Maha Prajna Paramita Sutra, aka: Maha Panna Paramita Sutra, Maha Prajnaparamita Sutra, Maha Pannaparamita Sutra; 1 Definition(s)
Maha Prajna Paramita Sutra means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)The Sutra was delivered by Shakyamuni in four places at sixteen assemblies. It consists of 600 volumes as translated by Hsuan tsang. It is the fundamental philosophical work of the Mahayana Buddhism, the formulation of wisdom, which is the sixth paramita.Source: Buddhist Door: Glossary
Search found 1537 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Paññā, (f.) (cp. Vedic prajñā, pa+jñā) intelligence, comprising all the higher faculties of cog...
Sūtra (सूत्र, “thread”) refers to a “golden neck-chain” and is classified as an ornament (ābhar...
Mahābhūta (महाभूत) is the name of class of bhūtas according to the Digambara tradition of Jaini...
Pāramitā, (f.) (pāramī+tā)=pāramī Nett 87. (Page 454)
Prajñāpāramitā (प्रज्ञापारमिता):—The Prajñāpāramitās are of two kinds: i) those that a...
1a) Maha (मह).—A son of Bharatāgni.** Vāyu-purāṇa 29. 8.1b) One of the twenty Amitābha go...
Brahmasūtra (ब्रह्मसूत्र) is the tracing of certain lines on the liṅga. Two vertical lines a...
In the Avatamsaka Sutra, the cosmos is described as a lotus flower with many petals, each of...
Mahāpadma (महापद्म).—One of the eight kulas (‘families’) of nāgas mentioned by Soḍḍhala in his ...
Mahālakṣmī (महालक्ष्मी).—Kāmākṣī;1 mother of Brahmā, Viṣṇu and Īśa;2 is Trīpurāmbikā;3 ...
Su-, 2 (indecl.) (Vedic su°, cp. Gr. eu)—) a particle, combd with adj. , nouns, and certain ver...
Mahābhārata (महाभारत).—Compiled by Vyāsa Kṛṣṇadvaipāyana;1 the moon of, arose from Vyāsa...
Mahauṣadhī (महौषधी) is another name for Śuṇṭhī, which is a Sanskrit word referring to Zingib...
Mahānīla (महानील) is the name of a mountain situated at lake Aruṇoda and mount Mandara, acco...
Prajñāpāramitā-sūtra also Mahāprajñāpāramitā-sūtra, Skt., lit., “[Great] Sūtra of...
Search found 2889 books containing Maha Prajna Paramita Sutra, Maha Panna Paramita Sutra, Maha Prajnaparamita Sutra or Maha Pannaparamita Sutra. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Maha Kausika Vratas etc
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the story of Mahā Lakṣmī
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Devas going to Mahā Deva
- · Maha Kassapa > The Verses Of Maha Kassapa
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Mahā-vidyā and the Development of Logical Formalism
- · Anāgārika Dharmapāla > Mahā Bodhi Journal
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Dhyānam and Stotra of Mahā Lakṣmī
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the glory of Mahā Māyā
- · Advice To Rāhula > Mahā-rāhulovada Suttanta
- · Anāgārika Dharmapāla > Establishment of the Mahā Bodhi Society: 1891
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 453.: Mahā-Maṅgala-Jātaka.
- · Guide to Tipitaka > ... > (e) Maha Vagga Samyutta Pali
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 469.: Mahā-Kaṇha-Jātaka.
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the incarnation of Mahā Lakṣmī in the house of Kuśadhvaja
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 447.: Mahā-Dhamma-Pāla-Jātaka.
- · Guide to Tipitaka > ... > (b) Maha Vagga Pali
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 486.: Mahā-Ukkusa-Jātaka.
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 491.: Mahā-Mora-Jātaka.
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 493.: Mahā-Vāṇija-Jātaka.
- · The Jataka, Volume IV > No. 472.: Mahā-Paduma-Jātaka.
» Click here to see all 2889 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.