Lohavāda, aka: Loha-vada; 1 Definition(s)
Lohavāda means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Lohavāda can be transliterated into English as Lohavada, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Rasaśāstra (chemistry and alchemy)
Lohavāda (conversion of lower metals into precious metals like gold and silver).Source: PMC: Critical Review of Rasaratna Samuccaya
about this context:
Rasaśāstra (रसशास्त्र, rasa-shastra) is an important branch of Āyurveda, specialising in chemical interactions with herbs, metals and minerals. Some texts combine yogic and tantric practices with various alchemical operations. The ultimate goal of Rasaśāstra is not only to preserve and prolong life, but also to bestow wealth upon humankind.
Search found 169 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Loha (लोह).—The sixth hell under the earth.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 2. 150, 182-5; Vāy...
Vāda (वाद) refers to “discussion”. It is one of the sixteen categories of discus...
Vartaloha (‘alloy of four metals’) can be prepared by mixing loha (iron) kāṃsya ...
Lohapṛṣṭha (लोहपृष्ठ).—Also Loha (s.v.) the sixth hell, known also as tama; below the ear...
Pūtiloha (पूतिलोह):—One of the three sub-groups of Dhātu/Loha (“metal”), a...
Lohavāla (सुगन्धक) is a Sanskrit word for a species of rice (śāli) which is said to have a s...
Kāḷa-loha “black metal, ” iron ore Miln. 267;
Śuddhaloha (शुद्धलोह):—One of the three sub-groups of Dhātu/Loha (“metal”)...
Miśraloha (मिश्रलोह):—One of the three sub-groups of Dhātu/Loha (“metal”),...
the 'doctrine of impersonality'; s. anattā.
Lohasiddhi (लोहसिद्धि) or Lauhasiddhi (लौहसिद्धि):—Sanskrit technical term correspondi...
Philosophical (vedānta) view. This is identical with the ekajīvavāda According to this view,...
Satyavāda (सत्यवाद):—Truthful speech (satyavāda) is the root of all good (kuśala), the...
'analytical or discriminating doctrine' is an early name for the original Buddha doctrine, call...
Dehavāda (living long and healthy life through use of formulations prepared from mercury and...
Search found 151 books containing Lohavāda or Loha-vada. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Vada-Tirumullaivayil
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with L
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 3.272
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 26
- · Later Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Omampuliyur
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 29
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 177
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.190
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.1.32
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.6.68
- · Later Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Arumbavur
- · Middle Chola Temples > ... > Amman Shrine
- · Vivekachudamani > Verse 193
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 9. Padmapāda
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.199
- · Śrī Īśopaniṣad > Mantra 9
- · Śrī Hari-bhakti-kalpa-latikā > ... > Text 48
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 8.101
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 51. Ānandagiri
- · Satapatha Brahmana > ... > Kāṇḍa II, adhyāya 6, brāhmaṇa 4
» Click here to see all 151 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.