Zarathushtra, aka: Zaratustra, Zartosht, Zoroaster, Zoroastres, Zoroastris; 1 Definition(s)
Zarathushtra means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Āstika (orthodox philosophy)
Founder of Zoroastrianism. He was an Iranian prophet and philosopher. He was born into the priestly family of the Spitamids.
In the Gathas, Zoroaster sees the human condition as the mental struggle between aša (truth) and druj (lie).
Zoroaster was greatly concerned about the superstitious beliefs of his people, and so the first truth he taught was that God is one - the wise Lord 'Ahura Mazda' or 'Ormuzd', who is the creator of the universe and who lives in the heart of man as external Righteousness and the truth.Source: Wisdom Library: Indian Philosophy
about this context:
The term āstika refers to six mainstream schools of Hindu philosophy, accepting the Vedas as authorative. They are: Nyāyá (logic), Vaiśeṣika (atomism), Sāṃkhya (enumeration), Yoga (Patañjali’s school), Mimāṃsā (Vedic exegesis) and Vedanta (Upaniṣadic tradition). Together they also go by the name ṣaḍdarśana (‘six systems’).
No further definitions found.
Search found 58 books containing Zarathushtra, Zaratustra, Zartosht, Zoroaster, Zoroastres or Zoroastris. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Bundahishn > Pourushasp And Zartosht
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Part II
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Bibliography
- · The Bundahishn > The Chieftainship Of People And Animals
- · The Bundahishn > On The Spiritual Chieftainship Of The Regions Of The Earth
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Special Features Of This Book
- · Who were Magi > Read Contents
- · The Bundahishn > Goshorun, The Primal Ox
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 14
- · The Bundahishn > Regarding Liquids
- · The Bundahishn > The Family Of The Mobads
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 27
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 4
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter IV
- · Who are the Zoroastrians > Read Contents
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Appendix IX
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter I
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Result of Dogmatism
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 10
- · Initiation Ceremony of Zoroastrians > Read Contents
» Click here to see all 58 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.