Zarathushtra, aka: Zartosht, Zoroastres, Zoroastris, Zaratustra, Zoroaster; 3 Definition(s)
Zartosht is spiritual chief of the region of Xwaniratha, and also of all the regions; he is chief of the world of the righteous, and it is said that the whole religion was received by them from Zartosht.
Founder of Zoroastrianism. He was an Iranian prophet and philosopher. He was born into the priestly family of the Spitamids.
In the Gathas, Zoroaster sees the human condition as the mental struggle between aša (truth) and druj (lie).
Zoroaster was greatly concerned about the superstitious beliefs of his people, and so the first truth he taught was that God is one - the wise Lord 'Ahura Mazda' or 'Ormuzd', who is the creator of the universe and who lives in the heart of man as external Righteousness and the truth.
Gāthā (गाथा):—All the kie ‘verses’, if they are composed of six, three or ...
the religion founded by Zarathushtra (12th century B.C.?), the oldest of the great prophetic re...
1a) Somaka (सोमक).—A son of Sahadeva and father of Janhu and 99 other sons of whom the yo...
God, lit. 'Wise Lord', the Supreme Being of the Zoroastrians. (Var: Phl. 'Ohrmazd') -- or -- na...
1. Airyana Vaeja; lit: land of noble birth; The birth-place of Holy Zarathushtra. It is loca...
name of Zarathushtra's father. (Var: Av. 'Paourushaspa')
According to the Avesta our earthy globe is divided into two sections on spiritual lines, on...
name of a heroic king of ancient Iran who flourished centuries before Zarathushtra. (Var: Av. '...
an early hero of the Zoroastrian religion. He was King Vishtasp's Prime Minister, and the son-i...
king of ancient Iran, patron of Zarathushtra. (Var: Av. 'Vishtaspa', Pers. 'Gushtasp')
- · The Bundahishn > Pourushasp And Zartosht
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Part II
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Bibliography
- · The Bundahishn > The Chieftainship Of People And Animals
- · The Bundahishn > On The Spiritual Chieftainship Of The Regions Of The Earth
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Special Features Of This Book
- · Who were Magi > Read Contents
- · The Bundahishn > Goshorun, The Primal Ox
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 14
- · The Bundahishn > Regarding Liquids
- · The Bundahishn > The Family Of The Mobads
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 27
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 4
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter IV
- · Who are the Zoroastrians > Read Contents
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Appendix IX
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter I
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Result of Dogmatism
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 10
- · Initiation Ceremony of Zoroastrians > Read Contents
» Click here to see all 59 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.