Karupravadana, aka: Karu-pravadana; 1 Definition(s)
Karupravadana means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Nāṭyaśāstra (theatrics and dramaturgy)
Kārupravādana (कारुप्रवादन).—Instrumental music is called vādya, or kārupravādana, i.e. “the art of playing musical instruments”.Source: Google Books: Dattilam: A Compendium of Ancient Indian Music
about this context:
Nāṭyaśāstra (नाट्यशास्त्र, natya-shastra) refers to both the ancient Indian tradition of performing arts, (e.g., theatrics, drama, dance, music), as well as the name of a Sanskrit work dealing with these subjects. It also teaches the rules for composing dramatic plays (nāṭya) and poetic works (kāvya).
Search found 5 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Kāru (कारु).—A mountain of the Bhāratavarṣa.** Vāyu-purāṇa 45. 92.
1a) Jara (जर).—A Deva.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 13. 95.1b) A son of Vasudeva.** Brahmāṇḍa-p...
Gala (गल).—A type of moulding common to both the prastara (parapet) and adhiṣṭhana (pl...
1) He was a sage. He married the sister of the serpent Vasuki. The lady was also named Jarat...
Kitti, & Kittī f. (Vedic kīrti, *qer: cp. Gr. karkaiρw, Ohg. hruod, hruom=Ger. ruhm; *qār: c...
Search found 15 books containing Karupravadana or Karu-pravadana. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Āpastamba Yajña-paribhāṣā-sūtras > Sūtras 101-125
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 5.127
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On Manasā’s story
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Tirukkalavur (Tirukkarugavur)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the birth of Āstika
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XL
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the anecdote of Manasā
- · Āpastamba Yajña-paribhāṣā-sūtras > Sūtras 76-100
- · The Natyashastra > Distribution of Roles (bhūmikā)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Sarpa Yajña
- · Āpastamba Yajña-paribhāṣā-sūtras > Sūtras 1-25
- · Āpastamba Yajña-paribhāṣā-sūtras > Sūtras 126-150
- · Middle Chola Temples > ... > Parivaralayattu Pillaiyar
- · The Mahayana Mahaparinirvana Sutra > ... > On the Questions Raised by the Crowd
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the description of Prakṛti
» Click here to see all 15 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.