Vaikuṇṭhatīrtha, aka: Vaikuntha-tirtha; 1 Definition(s)
Vaikuṇṭhatīrtha means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Vaikuṇṭhatīrtha can be transliterated into English as Vaikunthatirtha, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Vaikuṇṭhatīrtha (वैकुण्ठतीर्थ).—Sacred to Pitṛs.*
- * Matsya-purāṇa 22. 75.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 326 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Vaikuṇṭha (वैकुण्ठ).—A name of Hari.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa I. 15. 46.1b) The abode of Vi...
Tīrtha (तीर्थ).—A sacred place of pilgrimage associated with a pastime of an incarnati...
Brahmatīrtha (ब्रह्मतीर्थ).—Also Amohakam;1 visited by Balarāma;2 fit for śrāddha.31) M...
Bhāratīkṛṣṇatīrtha (भारतीकृष्णतीर्थ).—Swami Bharati Krishna Tirtha (Mar. 1884—Fe...
Akrūra-tīrtha (when Kṛṣṇa and Balarāma were going to Mathurā in the chariot driven by Akrūra...
Ṛṣitīrtha (ऋषितीर्थ).—A place on the Narmadā. Here Tṛṇabindu got rid of his curse.** Mats...
Koṭitīrtha (कोटितीर्थ) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the sixty-eight places hosting...
Daivatīrtha (दैवतीर्थ):—According to Ganganatha Jha in his comparative notes on the Ma...
Pitryatīrtha (पित्र्यतीर्थ):—According to Ganganatha Jha in his comparative notes on t...
Jayatīrtha (A. D. 1340-1388) is a chief proponent of Dvaita Vedānta which was a philosophical s...
Prājāpatyatīrtha (प्राजापत्यतीर्थ):—According to Ganganatha Jha in his comparative not...
Kāyatīrtha (कायतीर्थ):—According to Ganganatha Jha in his comparative notes on the Man...
Vaikuṇṭha Perumāḷ; A renowned 8th-century Vaiṣṇava temple at Kāñcīpuram, its iconography is ...
Vidyāśaṃkaratīrtha (विद्याशंकरतीर्थ).—More popularly known as Vidyātīrtha, he was the ...
Pitṛtīrtha (पितृतीर्थ).—Sanskrit wordt which can mean any of the following: 1) The...
Search found 682 books containing Vaikuṇṭhatīrtha or Vaikuntha-tirtha. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Parables of Rama > Shri Ram Tirtha Pratisthan
- · Bhagavad-gita-mahatmya > Bhavasharma’s journey to Vaikuntha
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Vyāsa-tīrtha, Madhusūdana and Rāmācārya on the Falsity of the World
- · Trishashti Shalakapurusha Caritra > ... > Part 15: The foundation of the tīrtha
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > Tirtha-yatra Parva
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the going of the Devas to Vaikuṇṭha after Tulasī’s marriage with Śaṅkhacūḍa
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Vaikuṇṭha: The Spiritual Kingdom
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 4 > ... > Succession List of Madhva Gurus
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.69
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.64
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.89
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 191
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.5.101
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.194
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.143
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.140
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.53
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.94
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.85
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.62
» Click here to see all 682 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.