Rajamahendrapattana, aka: Rajamahendra-pattana, Rājamahendrapaṭṭana; 1 Definition(s)
Rajamahendrapattana means something in the history of ancient India. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
India history and geogprahy
Rājamahendrapaṭṭana or Jananāthapura is the name of a city of the ancient kingdom of Veṅgi, ruled over by the Eastern Cālukyas from the 7th to 12th centuries. The kingdom of Veṅgi comprised Andhra and part of Kaliṅga for more than five hundred years and during this period, the Eastern Cālukyas developed there a prosperous civilisation. Their reign advanced the society and brought with them scientific advancements, religious freedom, literature and various forms of art and architecture.Source: Wisdom Library: History of Ancient India
The history and geography of India includes names of areas, cities, countries and other regions of India, as well as historical dynasties, rulers, tribes and various local traditions, languages and festivals. Ancient India enjoyed religious freedom but primarely encourages the path of Dhamra, incorporated into religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism.
Search found 8 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Pattana, (nt.) (*Sk. paṭṭana) a place, city, port J. I, 121; IV, 16, 137, V, 75; PvA. 53.—°ka...
Viśakhapaṭṭana or Vījayavāṭa is the name of a city of the ancient kingdom of Veṅgi, ruled over ...
Pṛthivīpallavapaṭṭana is the name of a city of the ancient kingdom of Veṅgi, ruled over by the ...
Raṅga (रङ्ग).— Śrī Raṅga-kṣetra is a very famous place. Near Tiruchchirāpalli is a river named ...
Saurāṣṭra (सौराष्ट्र) is the name of a sacred site (pīṭha) presided over by Śauṇḍinī, according...
Bhṛgukaccha (भृगुकच्छ).—One of the various countries and cities mentioned by Soḍḍhala.—Bhṛgukac...
A Commentary on the Buddhavamsa written by Buddhadatta Thera of Kavira pattana at the reque...
Jananāthapura or Rājamahendrapaṭṭana is the name of a city of the ancient kingdom of Veṅgi, rul...
Search found 12 books containing Rajamahendrapattana, Rajamahendra-pattana or Rājamahendrapaṭṭana. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Middle Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Olagapuram
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CLXXXVIII
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 5.15
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Part 18: Bharata’s possessions
- · Patthana Dhamma > Upanissaya Paccayo
- · Later Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Srirangam
- · Later Chola Temples > Kulottunga I (a.d. 1070 to 1125)
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with M
- · List of Mahabharata tribes > Tribes With unclear Position
- · Kathasaritsagara (the Ocean of Story) > ... > Chapter XX
- · Trishashti Shalaka Purusha Caritra > ... > Appendix 1.6: New and rare words
- · A Dictionary Of Chinese Buddhist Terms > Five Strokes
» Click here to see all 12 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.