Udyantakagiri, aka: Udyantaka-Giri; 1 Definition(s)
Udyantakagiri means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Udyantakagiri (उद्यन्तकगिरि).—On the left foot of the śilā; founded by Agastya; Brahmā and Viṣṇu performed severe austerities at the place; offering of piṇḍa at, leads pitṛs to Brahmapura.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 108. 39, 43, 44.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 36 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Giri (गिरि).—A son of Śvaphalka.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 16.1b) A son of Balarāma....
Giridurga (गिरिदुर्ग).—The best of six hill fortresses.** Matsya-purāṇa 217. 7.
Girimallikā (गिरिमल्लिका) is a synonym for Kuṭaja (Wrightia antidysenterica, “Kurchi f...
Astagiri (अस्तगिरि).—A hill of Śākadvīpa. It was here that Bali who fell unconscious in t...
Rucakagiri (रुचकगिरि).—Rucakagiri stands in the centre of Rucakadvīpa and has four śāśvatajināl...
Yukteswar Giri (1855-1936) is the monastic name of Priya Nath Karar, the guru of Satyananda ...
Giri (or Girimananda) Sutta - Preached at Jetavana. Ananda brings news to the Buddha that Girim...
1a) Ṛṣyaśṛṅga (ऋष्यशृङ्ग).—A sage of the eighth manvantara.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa VIII. 13. ...
Siṃha (सिंह) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to a variety of maṇḍapa (halls attached ...
Vana (वन).—A son of Uśīnara.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 23. 3.
1a) Śikhī (शिखी).—One of the gods worshipped in housebuilding.** Matsya-purāṇa 253. 24.1b...
Gabbhara, (nt.) (Derivation uncertain. Cp. Sk. gahvara) a cavern Sn.416 (giri°); Vv 635 (giri°...
Meaning “The Fearless Hill.” There is still the Abhayagiri tope, the highest in Cey...
1) Vana, 2 (nt.) (van; vanati & vanoti to desire=Av. vanaiti Lat. venus, Ohg. wini friend (: E...
Vyaggha, (cp. Vedic vyāghra) a tiger D. III, 25; A. III, 101; Sn. 416 (°usabha); Ap 68 (°rāj...
Search found 57 books containing Udyantakagiri or Udyantaka-Giri. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 11. Toṭakāchārya
- · Preceptors of Advaita > ... > (ii) Pṛthvīdhara
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Govardhana
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.7.72-73
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of an attack by Putana-graha
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.242-243
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.1.7
- · The Mahavamsa > The Levying Of The Warriors
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the obstruction of the Sun’s course by the Bindhya Mountain
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.90-91
- · Chaitanya's Life and Teachings > Notes On The Places Visited By Chaitanya In The South
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 1. Vasiṣṭha
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Anamitra and Andhaka
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Tirunaraiyur
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with M
- · The Mahavamsa > The Ten Kings
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Symptoms and Treatment of the defects of Urine (Mutra-dosha)
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > The Pramāṇas according to Mādhava Mukunda
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.7.107
- · The Jataka, Volume III > Index
» Click here to see all 57 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.