Kattige, Kaṭṭige: 1 definition
Kattige means something in . If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [noun] a piece of wood used as fuel.
2) [noun] the wooden part of a utensil, tool, etc. which is to be held, turned, lifted, pulled, etc. with the hand; the wooden handle of anything.
3) [noun] a heavy stick with a thick end, used as a weapon etc; a club.
4) [noun] a tax levied earlier on wood used as fuel.
5) [noun] ಕಟ್ಟಿಗೆಯವ [kattigeyava] kaṭṭigeyava = ಕಟ್ಟಿಗೆಕಾಱ [kattigekara].
--- OR ---
Kaṭṭige (ಕಟ್ಟಿಗೆ):—[noun] that which is built, constructed, woven or made.
--- OR ---
Kattige (ಕತ್ತಿಗೆ):—[noun] a tool consisting of a crescent-shaped blade with a short handle used for cutting down tall grass, weeds, etc. 2) a short, thick, curving sword with a single cutting edge; a cutlas.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Kattige, Kaṭṭige, Kaattige; (plurals include: Kattiges, Kaṭṭiges, Kaattiges) in any book or story.