Apalapana: 4 definitions
Apalapana means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
1) Concealing, hiding; कृततिग्मद्युतिमण्डलापलापैः (kṛtatigmadyutimaṇḍalāpalāpaiḥ) Śiśupālavadha 2.28.
2) Concealment or denial of knowledge, evasion; न हि प्रत्यक्षसिद्धस्यापलापः कर्तुं शक्यते (na hi pratyakṣasiddhasyāpalāpaḥ kartuṃ śakyate) Ś. B.
3) Detraction, concealment of truth, thoughts, feelings &c.; उन्मुखदर्शनापलपनैः पिण्डार्थमायस्यतः (unmukhadarśanāpalapanaiḥ piṇḍārthamāyasyataḥ) Mu.3.14.
4) Affection, regard.
5) (In medicine) The part between the shoulder and the ribs.
Derivable forms: apalapanam (अपलपनम्).
See also (synonyms): apalāpa.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Apalapana (अपलपन):—[=apa-lapana] [from apa-lap] n. denial or concealment of knowledge, evasion, turning off the truth, detraction
2) [v.s. ...] concealing, hiding
3) [v.s. ...] affection, regard, [cf. Lexicographers, esp. such as amarasiṃha, halāyudha, hemacandra, etc.]
4) [v.s. ...] the part between the shoulder and the ribs, [Suśruta]Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Goldstücker Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Apalapana (अपलपन):—[tatpurusha compound] n.
(-nam) Denying. Comp. apalāpa. E. lap with apa, kṛt aff. lyuṭ.
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
Apalapana (ಅಪಲಪನ):—[noun] = ಅಪಲಾಪ [apalapa].
--- OR ---
Apalāpana (ಅಪಲಾಪನ):—[noun] = ಅಪಲಾಪ - [apalapa -] 1.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Starts with: Apalapanadanda.
Ends with: Lapalapana.
No search results for Apalapana, Apa-lapana, Apalāpana; (plurals include: Apalapanas, lapanas, Apalāpanas) in any book or story.