Sosom: 1 definition
Sosom means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Sosom in Cameroon is the name of a plant defined with Pennisetum purpureum in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Gymnothrix nitens Andersson (among others).
2) Sosom is also identified with Saccharum officinarum It has the synonym Saccharum officinarum var. litteratum Hack., nom. illeg., non Saccharum officinarum var. litteratum Hassk. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Bulletin of Miscellaneous Information Kew (1933)
· Boletim da Sociedade Broteriana (1888)
· Grasses of Burma (1960)
· Systema Vegetabilium (1817)
· Annalen des Wiener Museums der Naturgeschichte (1836)
· Flora Indica, or ‘Descriptions of Indian Plants’, ed. 1820 (1820)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Sosom, for example side effects, extract dosage, diet and recipes, health benefits, pregnancy safety, chemical composition, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Sosom; (plurals include: Sosoms) in any book or story.