Sambreeldoring: 1 definition
Sambreeldoring means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Sambreeldoring in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Acacia karroo in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Mimosa nilotica Thunb. (among others).
2) Sambreeldoring is also identified with Acacia tortilis It has the synonym Vachellia tortilis (Forssk.) P.J.H. Hurter & Mabb.) (the specific name from the Latin tortilis, e (torqueo) ‘twisted’ (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Kew Bulletin (1994)
· Getreue Darstellung und Beschreibung der in der Arzneykunde Gebräuchlichen Gewächse (1827)
· Linnaea (1841)
· Anales Jard. Bot. Madrid (1948)
· Getreue Darstellung und Beschreibung der in der Arzneykunde Gebräuchlichen Gewächse (1825)
· Bull. Misc. Inf., Kew (1930)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Sambreeldoring, for example pregnancy safety, chemical composition, side effects, health benefits, extract dosage, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Sambreeldoring; (plurals include: Sambreeldorings) in any book or story.