Kirumikkinam: 1 definition
Kirumikkinam means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Kirumikkinam in India is the name of a plant defined with Aristolochia bracteata in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices.
2) Kirumikkinam is also identified with Embelia ribes It has the synonym Ribesiodes ribes (Burm. f.) Kuntze (etc.).
3) Kirumikkinam is also identified with Semecarpus anacardium It has the synonym Anacardium officinarum Gaertner (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Observationes Botanicae (Retzius) (1791)
· Taxon (1979)
· Bijdr. Fl. Ned. Ind.
· Taxon (1980)
· Species Plantarum (1753)
· Journal of Cytology and Genetics (1990)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Kirumikkinam, for example chemical composition, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, diet and recipes, health benefits, side effects, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Kirumikkinam; (plurals include: Kirumikkinams) in any book or story.