Chizhuzhu: 1 definition
Chizhuzhu means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Chizhuzhu in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Dichrostachys cinerea in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Acacia engleri Schinz (among others).
2) Chizhuzhu is also identified with Flacourtia indica It has the synonym Flacourtia parvifolia Merr. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Lingnan Science Journal (1930)
· An Interpretation of Rumphius’s Herbarium Amboinense (1917)
· Bulletin of Miscellaneous Information Kew (1909)
· Miss. stud. Lago Tana (1951)
· Boletim da Sociedade Broteriana (1965)
· Stirp. Nov. (1786)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Chizhuzhu, for example health benefits, diet and recipes, extract dosage, chemical composition, side effects, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Chizhuzhu; (plurals include: Chizhuzhus) in any book or story.