Billajuvvi: 1 definition
Billajuvvi means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Billajuvvi in India is the name of a plant defined with Ficus microcarpa in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Urostigma amblyphyllum Miquel (among others).
2) Billajuvvi is also identified with Ficus retusa It has the synonym Ficus nitida Thunb. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Novae Plantarum Species (1821)
· Bijdragen tot de flora van Nederlandsch Indië (1825)
· Fieldiana, Botany (1977)
· London Journal of Botany (1847)
· Annales Museum Botanicum Lugduno-Batavi (1867)
· Repertorium Specierum Novarum Regni Vegetabilis (1905)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Billajuvvi, for example chemical composition, pregnancy safety, health benefits, side effects, extract dosage, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Billajuvvi; (plurals include: Billajuvvis) in any book or story.