Prithu, aka: Pṛthu; 4 Definition(s)
Prithu is "celebrated as the first consecrated king, from whom the earth received her (Sanskrit) name Prithvi."
Prithu (Sanskrit: पृथु, Pṛthu, lit. "large, great, important, abundant") is a sovereign (chakravartin), named in the Vedic scriptures and considered an Avatar (incarnation) of the preserver god—Vishnu.He is also called Pruthu, Prithi and Prithu Vainya, literally, Prithu — the son of Vena.
Prithu is a King of the Solar dynasty and an ancestor of Rama. He is the son of Anaranya and the father of Trishanku.
Pṛthupalāśikā (पृथुपलाशिका) is another name (synonym) for Śaṭī, which is a Sanskrit name for...
Pṛthu Vainya: He is mentioned in the Ṛg-veda as a seer. Pargiter suggests that the Pṛthu Vai...
1) Indra (इन्द्र) is a Sanskrit word referring to a deity. Acording to the Nāṭyaśāstra 1.88-...
1a) Sarasvatī (सरस्वती).—(Vāk Devī); Viśvarūpā, a mind-born daughter of Brahmā who began ...
1) Suta (सुत).—The son of Vaidarbhī, or, in other words, one who is somewhat advanced ...
Soma (सोम) is the Sanskrit name for a deity to be worshipped during raṅgapūjā, according to ...
Māgadha (मागध) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to a variety of prāsāda (upper storey ...
1) Vīra (वीर) is the Sanskrit name of one of Bharata’s sons, mentioned in the Nāṭyaśās...
Brahmā (ब्रह्मा) is a Sanskrit word referring to a deity. Acording to the Nāṭyaśāstra 1.88-9...
Veṇa (वेण) is a Sanskrit word referring to “one who deals in articles made of bamboo&r...
Dāna (दान).—“Charity”, one of the six duties of a brāhmaṇa.
Yama (यम, “forbearance”) is a Sanskrit word referring to “respect for othe...
Rāma (राम) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the ten incarnations of Viṣṇu. This incarn...
Agni (अग्नि) is the Sanskrit name for a deity to be worshipped during raṅgapūjā, according t...
Rudra (रुद्र) is the Sanskrit name of a deity presiding over Kanakhāla, one of the sixty-eig...
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > The Kings Vena and Prithu
- · The Brahma Purana > Prithu
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 66
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Corrections
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 9.44
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIII
- · The Garuda Purana > The Dhruva Dynasty
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 7.42
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.198
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CCI
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with P
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Progeny of Priya Vrata and incidental description of the Seven Islands of the Earth
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 7.41
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter I
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section XCIX
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CLXXXVIII
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIV
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXI
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of royal princes (solar race)
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the description of the curse on Gangā, Mahābhiṣa and Vasus
» Click here to see all 72 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.