Anaranya, aka: Anaraṇya; 3 Definition(s)
Anaraṇya (अनरण्य):—Son of Trasaddasyu (son of Purukutsa). He had a son named Haryaśva. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.7.4)
Anaranya is a King of the Solar dynasty and an ancestor of Rama. He is the son of Bana, and the father of Prithu.
Rāvaṇa (रावण).—A powerful ten-headed demon king of Laṅkā who wanted to build a stairca...
Bāṇa or the arrow is so represented as to appear to be made of wood, and is tipped with a me...
1a) Haryaśva (हर्यश्व).—A son of Dhṛḍhāśva, and father of Nikumbha.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX...
Pṛthu (पृथु):—Son of Anenā (son of Purañjaya). He had a son named Viśvagandhi. (see Bh...
1a) Trasaddasyu (त्रसद्दस्यु).—See Māndhāta.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 6. 33.1b) A Mantrakṛt...
Pṛṣadaśva (पृषदश्व):—Son of Virūpa (one of the three sons of Ambarīṣa). He had a son n...
Prāruṇa (प्रारुण):—Son of Haryaśva (son of Anaraṇya). He had a son named Tribandhana. ...
Tribandhana (त्रिबन्धन):—Son of Prāruṇa (son of Haryaśva, who was the son of Anaraṇya)...
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of royal princes (solar race)
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter III
- · The Markandeya Purana > The Announcement of the Genealogies
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with A
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the story of Satyavrata
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Garuda Purana > An Account of the City of the King of Justice
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIII
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
» Click here to see all 9 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.