Nalini, aka: Nalinī, Nālīnī; 4 Definition(s)
Nalinī, (f.) (Sk. nalinī) a pond J. IV, 90; Vism. 84, 17. (Page 348)
nalinī : (f.) a lotus pond.
The kingdom of Vessavana. J.vi.313; but VvA. (339, 340) explains Nalini as a kilanatthana. This agrees with D.iii.202, where mention is made of a Kuvera nalini as one of the beauties of Vessavanas kingdom.
Nalinīpadmakośa (नलिनीपद्मकोश).—A type of gesture (āṅgika) made with dance-hands (nṛtt...
A name given to Dharani. D.iii.202; DA.iii.968.
See Nalinika Jataka.
Śānti (शान्ति, “peace”):—One of the twenty-four emanations of Lakṣmī accom...
1a) Nīla (नील).—A mountain range in Bhāratavarṣa and to the north of Ilāvṛta; formed the ...
Avadhuta (अवधुत) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to a specific ‘movement of the...
1a) Purañjana (पुरञ्जन).—A King of extensive learning, had a friend whose name and behavi...
Vidyādhara (विद्याधर) is a Sanskrit name referring to a group of deities, attending Maheśvar...
Tomara (“javelin”):—In Hindu (eg. Vedic) iconology, this symbol has the sa...
Ajamīḍha (अजमीढ):—One of the three sons of Hastī (son of Bṛhatkṣatra). He had a son na...
The Bodhisatta was once an ascetic in Himava. A doe drank water in which his semen had fallen...
Vimāna-vāsin ('dweller in vimāna') is a class of deities who served the tīrthaṃkara Mahā-vīr...
Karṇaprāvarṇa (कर्णप्रावर्ण).—Country of, watered by Nalinī.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 18. 6...
Haṃsamārga (हंसमार्ग).—A hilly country;1 watered by the Nalinī;2 an eastern tribe.31) V...
Combined Hands (saṃyutta-hastāni): Twenty-four combined Hands are exhibited as follows: ...
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Enumeration of the names of princes of the continent of Plaksha, etc.
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the race of puru
- · The Mirror of Gesture (abhinaya-darpana) > Twenty-six Combined Hands
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter IV
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > Treatment of diseases of pupil and crystalline lens
- · The Jataka, Volume VI > Index
- · Śrī Syamananda-sataka > An Ocean of the Pastimes of Compassion
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CLXXXVII
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the one thousand and eight names of the Gāyatrī
- · Śrī Govinda Dāmodara Stotraṁ > Read Contents
- · The Natyashastra > Metrical Patterns (chandas)
- · The Jataka, Volume VI > No. 545.: Vidhurapaṇḍita-Jātaka.
» Click here to see all 12 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.