Śini, aka: Shini, Sini; 5 Definition(s)
Śini (शिनि).—The father of Sātyaki, and a king of the Yadu dynasty.
Śini (शिनि):—Son of Garga (one of the five sons of Manyu). He had a son named Gārgya. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.21.19-20)
Sini (सिनि): One of the suitors to Devaki's hand. A kinsman of the Kauravas.
He was the Yadava warrior, who defeated Somadatta and won the hand of the princess Devaki for his friend Vasudeva. He was the grandfather of Satyaki, who was a great friend and disciple of Arjuna.
Somadatta (सोमदत्त) is the name of a Brāhman from the city of Kauśāmbī, according to the Kat...
1a) Gārgya (गार्ग्य).—A son of Śini. From Kṣatriyas, Brāhmaṇa lines came into being.** Bh...
Sātyaki (सात्यकि).—The son of Śini, and a prominent member of the Yadu dynasty. He was...
1a) Garga (गर्ग).—A son of (Bhuva) Manyu and father of Śini, (Chini).** Matsya-purāṇa 49....
Mādrī (माद्री).—The co-wife (with Kuntī) of King Pāṇḍu. She conceived Nakula and Sahad...
1a) Bhajamāna (भजमान).—(Bhajina) a son of Sātvata: had two sons by one wife and three oth...
1a) Anamitra (अनमित्र).—A son of Yudhājit. Father of Nimna, and Śini. A third son was Vṛṣ...
1) Śītaṃśu (शीतंशु).—A son of Atri born of his tejas in tapas; fell down on the earth lan...
1a) Svayambhoja (स्वयम्भोज).—A son of Sini, and father of Hṛdīka.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. ...
Yuyudhāna (युयुधान): Another name of Satyaki, who was not killed in the warfare but in a mutual...
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIV
- · Mahabharata > ... > Satyaki Follows the Path of Arjuna
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XVIII
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CLXXV
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Death of Jayadratha
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CXVIII
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section IV
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIX
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section CXX
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with S
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of the race of puru
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Third Day of Rivalry at Kurukshetra; Bhishma and Arjuna Reek Havoc
- · Śrīmad Devī Bhāgavatam > ... > On the description of the enclosure walls built of Padmarāga maṇi, etc., of the Maṇi Dvīpa
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhishma Assesses the Heroes and Reveals Shikhandi's Mysterious Birth
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Chapter XIII
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Pandavas Prepare for War
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Contents
» Click here to see all 18 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.