Zarathushtra, aka: Zoroaster, Zartosht, Zoroastres, Zoroastris, Zaratustra; 3 Definition(s)
Zartosht is spiritual chief of the region of Xwaniratha, and also of all the regions; he is chief of the world of the righteous, and it is said that the whole religion was received by them from Zartosht.
Founder of Zoroastrianism. He was an Iranian prophet and philosopher. He was born into the priestly family of the Spitamids.
In the Gathas, Zoroaster sees the human condition as the mental struggle between aša (truth) and druj (lie).
Zoroaster was greatly concerned about the superstitious beliefs of his people, and so the first truth he taught was that God is one - the wise Lord 'Ahura Mazda' or 'Ormuzd', who is the creator of the universe and who lives in the heart of man as external Righteousness and the truth.
Zoroastrianism is a religion and philosophy based on the teachings of prophet...
Ancient Indian verse.
Ancient religion. According to the Pahalvi Passage: "You must kn...
1) King Somaka was the son of Sahadeva, and a most excellent maker of gifts a...
|· Kay Vishtasp||
king of ancient Iran, patron of Zarathushtra. (Var: Av. 'Vishtaspa', Pers. 'Gush...
name of Zarathushtra's father. (Var: Av. 'Paourushaspa')
According to the Avesta our earthy globe is divided into two sections on spir...
|· Ahura Mazda||
Ahura Mazdā is the Avestan name for a divinity of the Old Iranian religion wh...
The Jews seem early to have consulted the teraphim (q.v.) for oracular answers (...
|· Dakhma Nashini||
Dakhma-nashini is the only method of corpse-destruction for a Zarathushtri, a...
lit. 'Iranian expanse', home of the Aryans. (Var. 'Eran-wez', Av. 'Airyanem V...
name of a heroic king of ancient Iran who flourished centuries before Zarathusht...
an early hero of the Zoroastrian religion. He was King Vishtasp's Prime Minister...
- · The Bundahishn > Pourushasp And Zartosht
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Part II
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Bibliography
- · The Bundahishn > The Chieftainship Of People And Animals
- · The Bundahishn > On The Spiritual Chieftainship Of The Regions Of The Earth
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > Special Features Of This Book
- · The Bundahishn > Goshorun, The Primal Ox
- · Who were Magi > Read Contents
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 14
- · The Bundahishn > Regarding Liquids
- · The Bundahishn > The Family Of The Mobads
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 27
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 4
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter IV
- · Who are the Zoroastrians > Read Contents
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Appendix IX
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Chapter I
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Result of Dogmatism
- · A Manual of Khshnoom > ... > Supplement No. 10
- · Initiation Ceremony of Zoroastrians > Read Contents
» Click here to see all 68 search results in a detailed overview.