Yuyudhāna, aka: Yuyudhana; 2 Definition(s)
Yuyudhāna means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Yuyudhāna can be transliterated into English as Yuyudhana, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Yuyudhāna (युयुधान).—(see Sātyaki) the grandson of Śini, and son of Satyaka, and father of Jaya.1 Learnt the dhanurveda from Arjuna. Approved of Draupadī's suggestion to release Aśvatthaman: accompanied Kṛṣṇa to Hāstinapura;2 took active part in the Rājasūya of Yudhiṣṭhira: was sent to Dvārakā for defence;3 went with the sacrificial horse of Kṛṣṇa.4
- 1) Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 14; Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 71. 101; Matsya-purāṇa 45. 23; Vāyu-purāṇa 96. 100; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 14. 2.
- 2) Bhāgavata-purāṇa I. 7. 50; III. 1. 31; X. 58. 1; 63. 3.
- 3) Ib. X. 75. 6; 76. 7.
- 4) Ib. X. 89. 22.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Yuyudhāna (युयुधान): Another name of Satyaki, who was not killed in the warfare but in a mutual fight among Yadavas.Source: WikiPedia: Hinduism
Search found 4 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Jayā (जया) is the mother of Vāsupūjya according to Śvetāmbara (but she is named Vijayā accordin...
Sātyaki (सात्यकि).—(also Śaineya and Yuyudhāna) a son of Satyaka;1 followed Kṛṣṇa to Hās...
Asanga (असन्ग) is the Prakrit name of a Yakṣa chief, obiedient to Vaiśramaṇa (god of wealth,...
1a) Bhūti (भूति).—A son of Yuyudhāna and father of Yugandhara.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 71...
Search found 14 books containing Yuyudhāna or Yuyudhana. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with Y
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section XIII
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Dynasty of Anamitra and Andhaka
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section IV
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section LXXII
- · The Bhagavadgītā > Chapter I
- · Mahabharata > ... > Observing the Armies
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section LI
- · Mahabharata > ... > Maya Danava Erects the Imperial Court
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Pandavas Prepare for War
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhima Meets Hanuman and Kills Jatasura
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhima Endeavors to Find Arjuna
- · Mahabharata > ... > Satyaki Follows the Path of Arjuna
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section I
» Click here to see all 14 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.