Xi nan hu ma cao: 1 definition
Xi nan hu ma cao means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Xi nan hu ma cao in China is the name of a plant defined with Centranthera cochinchinensis in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Digitalis cochinchinensis Lour..
2) Xi nan hu ma cao is also identified with Centranthera nepalensis It has the synonym Razumovia cochinchinensis (Louriero) Merrill var. nepalensis (D. Don) Merrill (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Flora of New South Wales. (1992)
· Bulletin of the Torrey Botanical Club (1937)
· Trans. Amer. Philos. Soc. (1935)
· Enum. Spermat. Japon. (1948)
· 50th Anniv. Vol. Bot. Gard. Calcutta (1942)
· Prodromus Florae Nepalensis (1825)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Xi nan hu ma cao, for example pregnancy safety, side effects, extract dosage, chemical composition, diet and recipes, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Xi nan hu ma cao; (plurals include: Xi nan hu ma caos) in any book or story.