World Period, 1 Definition(s)
World Period means something in Buddhism, Pali. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
General definition (in Buddhism)
formation, dissolution: s. kappa.Source: Pali Kanon: Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines
Search found 1690 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Loka (लोक) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to the “threefold means of right kno...
The four yugas are calculated in terms of the heavenly calendars and accordingly are twelve ...
1a) Brahmā (ब्रह्मा).—Pitāmaha, (Lokapitāmaha)—appeared on the lotus from the na...
Buddha (बुद्ध) is a Sanskrit word referring to one of the ten incarnations of Viṣṇu. This in...
Duḥkha (दुःख, “pain”) is one of the seventeen guṇas (‘qualities’), a...
1a) Yama (यम).—(Vaivasvata) the Lord of Pitṛs; punishes men after death according to thei...
The mental state of the devas of the Brahma worlds corresponds to the first dhyana, and is char...
|Realm of Humans|
cf. loka, gati.
arūpa-loka; s. loka.
Kāla (काल).—The three kinds of units of measure (kāla) that were employed in the Gandh...
Māyā (माया) is the name of a mind-born ‘divine mother’ (mātṛ), created for the p...
1a) Deva (देव).—The name of the 6th Kalpa.** Matsya-purāṇa 290. 4.1b) With fourteen faces...
Loka, (cp. Vedic loka in its oldest meaning “space, open space. ” For etym. see rocati. To the ...
|World Honoured One|
One of the titles of the Buddha. In Sutras, this is the respected title of Shakyamuni Buddha. S...
Maitreya (मैत्रेय) is one of the sixteen bodhisattvas appearing in the Vajradhātu-mahāmaṇḍala, ...
Search found 6696 books containing World Period. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · What Kamma is > ... > World Of Desires
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Period of Studentship
- · The Literature of the Ancient Egyptians > Books Of The Dead Of The Græco-roman Period
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Discourses on the period of influences of the different planets with that of the sun
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > *Temples built during the period of rule of Krishna III*
- · Straight from the Heart > The Prison World Vs. The World Outside
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Brahma Identic with the World or Identity of the World with Brahma
- · Parables of Rama > ... > Why and Wherefore of the World
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The Whole World Within
- · Ancient Iraq > The Ancient World Of Mesopotamia
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 1 > ... > The World
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > How The World Came To An End
- · A Discourse on Paticcasamuppada > ... > Seeing The World Beyond
- · The Bundahishn > Ohrmazd's Original Creation
- · Gospel of Thomas Commentary > The World Is Like The Body
- · Parables of Rama > ... > World a Play
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 3 > ... > God and the World
- · The Gospel of Buddha > The Light Of The World
- · Gospel of Thomas Commentary > The World Is A Corpse
- · Parables of Rama > ... > The World, a Mirror-House
» Click here to see all 6696 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.