Vrishotsarga, aka: Vṛṣotsarga; 1 Definition(s)
Vrishotsarga means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
The Sanskrit term Vṛṣotsarga can be transliterated into English as Vrsotsarga or Vrishotsarga, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
Vṛṣotsarga (वृषोत्सर्ग).—Rules for the dedication of a bull; the characteristics and adornments of the bull intended for gift and of the cow, its mother; intended for all castes; different coloured bulls and their significance; gift of nīla bull best for pitṛs;1 at Gayā.2Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: The Purana Index
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 3 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Chandogavṛṣotsargatattva (छन्दोगवृषोत्सर्गतत्त्व):—Name of a Sanskrit work written by ...
Yajurvedivṛṣotsargatattva (यजुर्वेदिवृषोत्सर्गतत्त्व):—Name of a Sanskrit work written...
1a) Vṛṣa (वृष).—A son of Śṛnjaya and Rāṣṭrapāli.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 42.1b) A son ...
Search found 7 books containing Vrishotsarga or Vṛṣotsarga. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Śāṅkhāyana-gṛhya-sūtra > Adhyāya III, Khaṇḍa 11
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 8.242
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Various Vratas described
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of different rites
- · Gobhila-gṛhya-sūtra > Introduction to the Gṛhya Sūtras
- · Hiraṇyakeśin-gṛhya-sūtra > Introduction To The Gṛhya Sūtras
- · Āpastamba-gṛhya-sūtra > Introduction To The Gṛhya Sūtras
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.