Vrishasena, aka: Vṛṣasena; 3 Definition(s)
Vrishasena means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
1a) Vṛṣasena (वृषसेन).—A son of Karṇa; with him comes to an end the Anga line.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 23. 14; Matsya-purāṇa 48. 102.
1b) A son of the II Sāvarṇa Manu.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa IV. 1. 72.
1c) A son of Kārtavīryārjuna.*
- * Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 11. 21.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Vṛṣasena (वृषसेन).—The son of Karṇa. He was considered a Mahārathi. He was killed by Arjuna in the presence of his father Karṇa. (Karṇa Parva in Mahābhārata)Source: ISKCON Press: Glossary
Vrishasena (वृषसेन): Son of Karna, A warrior on the Kaurava side, slain by Arjuna.Source: WikiPedia: Hinduism
Search found 3 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Aṅga (अङ्ग).—The father of Vena; knew the power of Kṛṣṇa's yoga.1 A son of Ulmuka (K...
Karṇa (कर्ण).—A type of aṅgavibhakti (‘indendations’ in a wall line);&mdas...
1a) Pṛthuṣeṇa (पृथुषेण).—A son of Vibhu and Rati, married Ākūti, and had a son Nakta.** B...
Search found 15 books containing Vrishasena or Vṛṣasena. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Lineage of Anu, the son of Yayati
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Eleventh Day of Rivalry; Dronacharya Becomes Commander
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Death of Karna
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with V
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section XLIII
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section VIII
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Death of Jayadratha
- · Mahabharata > ... > Salya Becomes Karna's Charioteer
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Thirteenth Day at Kurukshetra; The Death of Abhimanyu
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhima Endeavors to Find Arjuna
- · Mahabharata > ... > Bhishma Assesses the Heroes and Reveals Shikhandi's Mysterious Birth
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Fourteenth Day at Kurukshetra; Arjuna Makes His Way Toward Jayadratha
- · Mahabharata > ... > Arjuna Vows to Kill Jayadratha
- · Mahabharata > ... > The Colossal Armies Moved to Kurukshetra
» Click here to see all 15 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.