Visrasta: 7 definitions
Visrasta means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Languages of India and abroad
Sanskrit dictionarySource: DDSA: The practical Sanskrit-English dictionary
Visrasta (विस्रस्त).—p. p.
2) Weak, infirm.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Shabda-Sagara Sanskrit-English Dictionary
(-staḥ-stā-staṃ) Loosened, detached, fallen. E. vi, sraṃs to fall, kta aff.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Cappeller Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Visrasta (विस्रस्त).—[adjective] fallen down or asunder, loosened, detached, slackened, languished.Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Monier-Williams Sanskrit-English Dictionary
1) Visrasta (विस्रस्त):—[=vi-srasta] [from vi-sraṃs] mfn. fallen asunder or down, unfastened, untied, loosened, detached, [Atharva-veda] etc. etc.
2) [v.s. ...] dishevelled (as hair), [Hemacandra’s Pariśiṣṭaparvan]
3) [v.s. ...] slackened, relaxed, [Mahābhārata]Source: Cologne Digital Sanskrit Dictionaries: Yates Sanskrit-English Dictionary
Visrasta (विस्रस्त):—[vi-srasta] (staḥ-stā-staṃ) a. Loosened; fallen.
[Sanskrit to German]
Sanskrit, also spelled संस्कृतम् (saṃskṛtam), is an ancient language of India commonly seen as the grandmother of the Indo-European language family (even English!). Closely allied with Prakrit and Pali, Sanskrit is more exhaustive in both grammar and terms and has the most extensive collection of literature in the world, greatly surpassing its sister-languages Greek and Latin.
Kannada-English dictionarySource: Alar: Kannada-English corpus
1) [adjective] fallen down; displaced from above.
2) [adjective] collapsed losing strength.
3) [adjective] very weak; lacking normal physical or mental strength.
Kannada is a Dravidian language (as opposed to the Indo-European language family) mainly spoken in the southwestern region of India.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Search found 1 books and stories containing Visrasta, Vi-srasta; (plurals include: Visrastas, srastas). You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the most relevant articles: