Vendi: 1 definition
Vendi means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Vendi in India is the name of a plant defined with Abelmoschus esculentus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Willd. (among others).
2) Vendi is also identified with Hibiscus esculentus It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Roxb., nom. illeg. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Plantas que curam e cortam feitiços. (1988)
· Dictionary of the Nyanja Language (1951)
· Fl. Mexic., ed. 2 (1894)
· Methodus Plantas Horti Botanici (1794)
· Cytologia (1986)
· Proceedings of the Indian Science Congress Association (1979)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Vendi, for example side effects, extract dosage, chemical composition, health benefits, pregnancy safety, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
Ends with: Gevendi, Gevendi-vendi, Gevendivendi.
No search results for Vendi; (plurals include: Vendis) in any book or story.