Vendakaya: 1 definition
Vendakaya means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Vendakaya in India is the name of a plant defined with Abelmoschus esculentus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Willd. (among others).
2) Vendakaya is also identified with Hibiscus esculentus It has the synonym Hibiscus longifolius Sessé & Moc. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Cytologia (1986)
· Flora of Chiapas (1990)
· Systematic Botany Monographs (1988)
· Fl. Mexic., ed. 2 (1894)
· Ueber einige künstliche Geschlechter aus der Malvenfamilie (1787)
· Methodus Plantas Horti Botanici (1794)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Vendakaya, for example side effects, chemical composition, diet and recipes, health benefits, extract dosage, pregnancy safety, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Vendakaya; (plurals include: Vendakayas) in any book or story.