Varun chal: 1 definition
Varun chal means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Varun chal in India is the name of a plant defined with Crateva religiosa in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Crataeva adansonii DC. (among others).
2) Varun chal is also identified with Crateva roxburghii.
3) Varun chal is also identified with Crateva tapia It has the synonym Capparis ternata Tafalla (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Botanische Jahrbücher für Systematik, Pflanzengeschichte und Pflanzengeographie (1888)
· Sumatra, zijne Plantenwereld en hare Voortbrengselen (1861)
· Systema Vegetabilium (1825)
· Plukenet, Leonard (1642–1706),
· Mat. Med. Hindoostan (1813)
· Denham, Dixon (1786–1828), (1786)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Varun chal, for example pregnancy safety, side effects, extract dosage, diet and recipes, chemical composition, health benefits, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Varun chal; (plurals include: Varun chals) in any book or story.