Vanhi, 1 Definition(s)
Vanhi means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
- 1) Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 23. 16; Vāyu-purāṇa 99. 1; Viṣṇu-purāṇa IV. 16. 3.
- 2) Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 74. 1.
1b) A son of Kukura, and father of Viloman.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 24. 19.
1c) A son of Kṛṣṇa and Mitravindā.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa X. 61. 16.
1d) A Śivā god.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 36. 33.
1e) Also Agni (s.v.); claimed Angiras as his son; world of;1 image of, with the goat as the vāhana;2 married Svāhā and father of Skanda;3 a place of Rudra;4 supplied arrows to Arjuna;5 worship neglected in the Kali age.6
- 1) Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 1. 40; 10. 25; 24. 4; IV. 33. 55.
- 2) Matsya-purāṇa 261. 9-12.
- 3) Viṣṇu-purāṇa I. 7. 27; 8. 11.
- 4) Ib. I. 8. 7-8.
- 5) Ib. V. 38. 24.
- 6) Ib. VI. 1. 11 and 27.
1f) The name of the eighth kalpa.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 21. 31.
1g) (also agnis)—a class of Devas.*
- * Bhāgavata-purāṇa VI. 10. 17.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 4 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1a) Bharga (भर्ग).—A son of Vītihotra and father of Bhārgabhūmi.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 1...
Durvasu (दुर्वसु).—A son of Devayāni; cursed by his father for refusing to part with his ...
Viloman (विलोमन्).—A son of Vanhi, and father of Kapotaroman. (Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa and Vāyu-...
1a) Gobhānu (गोभानु).—A son of Vanhi, and father of Trisānu.** Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa III. 74. ...
Search found 7 books containing Vanhi. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Description of investing a phallic emblem with sacred thread
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 8. Śaṅkara Bhagavatpāda
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Medical treatment of female complaints
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Medical treatment of fever etc
- · The Mahabharata - Third Book > ... > Section III
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Different names of the Ayurvedic Drugs
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.