Vanasagajabhumika, aka: Vanāsagajabhūmika, Vanasagaja-Bhumika; 1 Definition(s)
Vanasagajabhumika means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Vanāsagajabhūmika (वनासगजभूमिक).—A Janapada of the Ketumālā country.*
- * Vāyu-purāṇa 44. 13.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
Search found 5 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Kāla (काल, “death and time”) refers to one of the fifty-six vināyakas located at Kāśī (Vārāṇasī...
Jāti (जाति).—Mataṅga says that jātis are so-called because the rāgas are born of them. (cf Mata...
Four (catur) is the number of the earth, and represents the fulfilment of manifestations in ...
Jāti, (f.) (see janati & cp. Gr. geneά, gέnesis; Lat. gens; Goth. kind-ins).—Instr. jātiyā (S...
Ketumāladvīpa (केतुमालद्वीप):—This dvīpa is to the west of the Niṣadha mountain. The s...
Search found 7 books containing Vanasagajabhumika, Vanāsagajabhūmika or Vanasagaja-Bhumika. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Natyashastra > Distribution of Roles (bhūmikā)
- · Shakti and Shakta > ... > Alleged conflict of Śāstras
- · A History of Indian Philosophy Volume 2 > ... > Stages of Progress
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 2, Part II > ... > Bali’s Resuscitation To Sensibility
- · Yoga Vasistha Volume 1 > ... > Causes Of Bondage To It
- · Preceptors of Advaita > 57. Śrī Śaṅkara And Śaṅkarite Insitutions
- · Shakti and Shakta > ... > Matam Rutra (the Right and Wrong Interpretation)
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.