Vabhru, 1 Definition(s)
Vabhru means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Āyurveda (science of life)
Vabhru (वभ्रु) is another name (synonym) for Śitāvarī, which is a Sanskrit name for a plant. This synonym was identified by Narahari in his 13th-century Rājanighaṇṭu (verses 5.50-51), which is an Āyurvedic medicinal thesaurus.Source: Wisdom Library: Āyurveda and botany
about this context:
Āyurveda (आयुर्वेद, ayurveda) is a branch of Hindu science dealing with subjects such as health, medicine, anatomy, etc. and has been in use throughout India since ancient times.
Search found 2 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Animals such as, the Shvāvit, Shalyaka, Godhā, Shasha, Vrish...
Śitāvarī (शितावरी) is a Sanskrit word referring to a plant, which, according to the translat...
Search found 7 books containing Vabhru. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXI
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > The Jewel Syamantaka
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Essential features of a divine temple or of a palace
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section XLIV
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 5: Kalpasthana > Description of the poison of a snakebite
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Diet articles and regimen of diet
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.