Vabhru, 1 Definition(s)
Vabhru means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Āyurveda (science of life)
Vabhru (वभ्रु) is another name (synonym) for Śitāvarī, which is a Sanskrit name for a plant. This synonym was identified by Narahari in his 13th-century Rājanighaṇṭu (verses 5.50-51), which is an Āyurvedic medicinal thesaurus.Source: Wisdom Library: Āyurveda and botany
about this context:
Āyurveda (आयुर्वेद, ayurveda) is a branch of Indian science dealing with medicine, herbalism, taxology, anatomy, surgery, alchemy and related topics. Traditional practice of Āyurveda in ancient India dates back to at least the first millenium BC. Literature is commonly written in Sanskrit using various poetic metres.
Search found 2 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Animals such as, the Shvāvit, Shalyaka, Godhā, Shasha, Vrish...
Śitāvarī (शितावरी) is a Sanskrit word referring to a plant, which, according to the translat...
Search found 7 books containing Vabhru. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Mahabharata - First Book > ... > Section CCXXI
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > The Jewel Syamantaka
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Essential features of a divine temple or of a palace
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of the princes of the lunar race
- · The Mahabharata - Second Book > ... > Section XLIV
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 5: Kalpasthana > Description of the poison of a snakebite
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 1: Sutrasthana > Diet articles and regimen of diet
» Click here to see all 7 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.