Vṛṣabhasahitamūrti, aka: Vrishabha-sahita-murti; 1 Definition(s)
Vṛṣabhasahitamūrti means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Vṛṣabhasahitamūrti (वृषभसहितमूर्ति).—Śiva is standing in tribhaṅga. Behind him is the standing Nandī. Śiva is resting his left elbow on the hump of Nandī, and Nandī is licking fingers of Śiva’s left hand. Śiva’s two upper hands hold paraśu and mṛga, while his lower right hand is in abhayamudra. Śiva stands on a pedestal supported by bhāravāhakas. There is a flat simple and big halo behind Śiva. The ears and kuṇḍalas of Śiva are carved very prominently and his locks of hair arranged in a peculiar but stylistic manner is noteworthy. This form of Śiva is also called by the name, Pradoṣamūrti, the worship of which, at the pradoṣakāla (dusk) is considered very auspicious and fruitful.Source: Shodhganga: Temples of Salem region Up to 1336 AD
about this context:
Vāstuśāstra (वास्तुशास्त्र, vastu-shastra) refers to the knowledge of architecture. It is a branch of ancient Indian science dealing with topics such architecture, construction, sculpture and their relation with the cosmic universe.
Search found 69 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Dakṣiṇāmūrti (दक्षिणामूर्ति) is a form of Śiva, which is found invariability in almost all t...
Mūrti (मूर्ति).—anything which has definite shape and physical limits, an embodiment o...
Umāsahitamūrti (उमासहितमूर्ति) carved attached to the shaft of a bhadraka pillar, is a life siz...
1a) Vṛṣabha (वृषभ).—A son of Kārtavīryārjuna.** Bhāgavata-purāṇa IX. 23. 27.1b) A playmat...
Kaṅkālamūrti (कङ्कालमूर्ति).—The Lord who bears the kaṅkāladaṇḍa is known as kaṅkālamū...
Sukhāsanamūrti (सुखासनमूर्ति).—(according to the Śilparatna), the image of Sukhāsanamū...
Sahita, (pp. of saṃ+dhā, cp. Sk. sahita=saṃhita) 1. accompanied with Mhvs 7, 27.—2. united, kee...
Bhikṣāṭaṇamūrti (भिक्षाटणमूर्ति).—It is a sculpture of three feet height. It has got eight hand...
Mūrtyaṣṭaka (मूर्त्यष्टक):—The eight embodiments (mūrtyaṣṭaka or mūrtyaṣṭau) are ident...
Kevalamūrti (केवलमूर्ति).—The first variety of Candraśekharamūrti;—The Aṃśumadbh...
Āliṅganamūrti (आलिङ्गनमूर्ति).—The third variety of Candraśekharamūrti;—In this ...
Umāmaheśvaramūrti (उमामहेश्वरमूर्ति).—The Viṣṇudharmottara and the Rūpamaṇḍana give th...
Śivamūrti (शिवमूर्ति).—The Suprabhedāgama adds further that all figures of Śiva should...
Viṣṇumūrti (विष्णुमूर्ति) is a Sanskrit technical term referring to “images of Viṣṇu&r...
Liṅgodbhavamūrti (लिङ्गोद्भवमूर्ति).—This form represents Śiva inside an oval recess in the cen...
Search found 71 books containing Vṛṣabhasahitamūrti or Vrishabha-sahita-murti. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Slaughter demon Arishta, disguished as a savage bull (Vrishabha)
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.25
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.3.70
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.150-151
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.50
- · Vedānta-sūtras Part I > ... > II, 2, 16
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.2.48
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.6.138
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.181
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.4.71
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.3.78
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.5.233
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 2.82
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 1.19
- · Nectar of Devotion > Five Potent Forms of Devotional Service
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.2.49
- · Early Chola Temples > ... > Temples in Tirukkalavur (Tirukkarugavur)
- · Devi Bhagavata Purana > ... > On the Devas going to Viṣṇu
- · Shakti and Shakta > ... > Śākta and Advaitavāda
- · Manusmriti with the Commentary of Medhatithi > ... > Verse 1.55
» Click here to see all 71 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.