Vītahavya, aka: Vitahavya; 2 Definition(s)
Vītahavya means something in Hinduism, Sanskrit. Check out some of the following descriptions and leave a comment if you want to add your own contribution to this article.
Vītahavya (वीतहव्य).—A mantrakṛt.*
- * Brahmāṇḍa-purāṇa II. 32. 105; Matsya-purāṇa 145. 99; Vāyu-purāṇa 59. 97.
about this context:
The Purāṇas (पुराण, purana) refers to Sanskrit literature preserving ancient India’s vast cultural history, including historical legends, religious ceremonies, various arts and sciences. The eighteen mahāpurāṇas total over 400,000 ślokas (metrical couplets) and date to at least several centuries BCE.
General definition (in Hinduism)
Vītahavya (वीतहव्य):—Son of Śunaka (son of Ṛta). He had a son named Dhṛti. (see Bhāgavata Purāṇa 9.13.26)Source: Wisdom Library: Hinduism
Search found 5 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
1) Dhṛti (धृति).—One of the seven sons of Jyotiṣmān, who was a son of Priyavrata, acco...
Kṛti (कृति).—One of the fourteen elements of the ‘concluding segment’ (nirvahaṇasandhi);—(Descr...
Bahulāśva (बहुलाश्व).—A king of Videha ruling from Mithilā; son of Dhṛti and father of Kṛ...
1) Śunaka (शुनक):—Son of Ṛta (son of Vijaya, who was the son of Jaya). He had a son na...
1a) Sunaya (सुनय).—A son of Pariplava (Paripluta, Vāyu-purāṇa, Pāriplava, Viṣṇu-purāṇa) a...
Search found 3 books containing Vītahavya or Vitahavya. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · The Vishnu Purana > ... > Sacrifice if Nimi, origin of Sita and story of Kushadhvaja's race
- · The Garuda Purana > ... > Genealogy of royal princes (solar race)
- · Śrī Gauḍīya Kaṇṭhahāra > Varṇadharma-tattva
» Click here to see all 3 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.