Uttaravarusha, aka: Uttaravaruṣa, Uttara-varusha; 1 Definition(s)
Uttaravarusha means something in the history of ancient India. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
The Sanskrit term Uttaravaruṣa can be transliterated into English as Uttaravarusa or Uttaravarusha, using the IAST transliteration scheme (?).
India history and geogprahy
Uttaravaruṣa is the name of a viṣaya (region) of the ancient kingdom of Veṅgi, ruled over by the Eastern Cālukyas from the 7th to 12th centuries. A viṣaya was divided into a number of villages. Smaller villages were called Grāmaṭikā and Puṇḍi. The kingdom of Veṅgi comprised Andhra and part of Kaliṅga for more than five hundred years and during this period, the Eastern Cālukyas developed there a prosperous civilisation. Their reign advanced the society and brought with them scientific advancements, religious freedom, literature and various forms of art and architecture.Source: Wisdom Library: History of Ancient India
The history and geography of India includes names of areas, cities, countries and other regions of India, as well as historical dynasties, rulers, tribes and various local traditions, languages and festivals. Ancient India enjoyed religious freedom but primarely encourages the path of Dhamra, incorporated into religions such as Buddhism, Hinduism, and Jainism.
Search found 169 related definition(s) that might help you understand this better. Below you will find the 15 most relevant articles:
Uttarā (उत्तरा).—Illustration of the uttarā-mūrchanā according to 15th century art.—The colour ...
Uttarāmnāya (उत्तराम्नाय).—The energy which devours Kālīkaulika manifests in this āmnā...
Uttarāṣāḍha (उत्तराषाढ).—An asterism.** Vāyu-purāṇa 82. 11.
The Uttara-tantra contains four specialities, namely Salakya, Kaumarabruthya, Kayacikitsa an...
1) Uttara, 2 (adj.) (fr. uttarati) crossing over, to be crossed, in dur° difficult to cross or ...
Rūpottara (रूपोत्तर) refers to a “sculptured architrave”. It is one of the three...
Khaṇḍottara (खण्डोत्तर) refers to a “panelled architrave”. It is one of the thre...
Patrottara (पत्रोत्तर) refers to a “floriated architrave”. It is one of the thre...
Uttarabhādrapadā (उत्तरभाद्रपदा):—Name for a particular section of the ecliptic. It is also kno...
Padmottara (पद्मोत्तर) is another name (synonym) for Kusumbha, which is the Sanskrit word fo...
Kamalottara (कमलोत्तर) is another name (synonym) for Kusumbha, which is the Sanskrit word fo...
Uttaraśveta (उत्तरश्वेत).—The kingdom of Hariṇmān.** Vāyu-purāṇa 33. 43.
Uttarapakṣa (उत्तरपक्ष) refers to “rejoinder” and is the name of a yukti, or ‘technical divisio...
Another name for the Abhayagiri Vihara (q.v.). The inhabitants of the Uttaravihara seem to ha...
1) The pleasance in which Mangala Buddha was born. BuA.115. 2) See Madhura.
Search found 322 books containing Uttaravarusha, Uttaravaruṣa or Uttara-varusha. You can also click to the full overview containing English textual excerpts. Below are direct links for the 20 most relevant articles:
- · Sushruta Samhita, volume 4: Cikitsasthana > The treatment with an Anuvasana-vasti and an Uttara-vasti
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.1.18
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.26
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.5
- · Hiraṇyakeśin-gṛhya-sūtra > Praśna I, Paṭala 8, Section 27
- · Abhidhamma In Daily Life > ... > Veyavacca
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section LXIX
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section XLIV
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.4.84
- · Sushruta Samhita, Volume 6: Uttara-tantra > ... > The different Modifications of the different Doshas
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section LXVI
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section XXXVI
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section LXVIII
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 1.2.32
- · The Mahabharata - Fourth Book > ... > Section XLVI
- · Śrī Sanatkumara-saṃhita > Text 312
- · List of Mahabharata people and places > Starting with U
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.1.8-9
- · Brihad Bhagavatamrita > ... > Verse 2.7.74
- · A Manual of Abhidhamma > ... > The Four Classes Of Consciousness
» Click here to see all 322 search results in a detailed overview.
- Was this explanation helpufll? Leave a comment:
Make this page a better place for research and define the term yourself in your own words.