Umvongoti: 1 definition
Umvongoti means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)
1) Umvongoti in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Kigelia africana in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Tanaecium pinnatum Willd. (among others).
2) Umvongoti is also identified with Kigelia pinnata It has the synonym Bignonia africana Lam. (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Notulae Systematicae. (1953)
· Taxon (1981)
· Encyclopédie Méthodique, Botanique (Lamarck) (1785)
· A General History of the Dichlamydeous Plants (1838)
· Acta Botanica Austro Sinica (1989)
· Ceiba (2003)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Umvongoti, for example health benefits, pregnancy safety, extract dosage, side effects, chemical composition, diet and recipes, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Umvongoti; (plurals include: Umvongotis) in any book or story.