Umsonti: 1 definition
Umsonti means something in biology. If you want to know the exact meaning, history, etymology or English translation of this term then check out the descriptions on this page. Add your comment or reference to a book if you want to contribute to this summary article.
Biology (plants and animals)Source: Google Books: CRC World Dictionary (Regional names)
1) Umsonti in Southern Africa is the name of a plant defined with Afrocarpus falcatus in various botanical sources. This page contains potential references in Ayurveda, modern medicine, and other folk traditions or local practices It has the synonym Decussocarpus fleuryi (Hickel) de Laub. (among others).
2) Umsonti is also identified with Podocarpus falcatus It has the synonym Taxus falcata Thunb. (etc.).
3) Umsonti is also identified with Podocarpus latifolius It has the synonym Nageia latifolia (Wall.) Gordon (etc.).
Example references for further research on medicinal uses or toxicity (see latin names for full list):
· Plantae Asiaticae Rariores (1830)
· Journal of Ethnopharmacology (2000)
· Species Plantarum
· Mémoires du Muséum d’Histoire Naturelle (1825)
· Memoirs of the New York Botanical Garden (1994)
If you are looking for specific details regarding Umsonti, for example diet and recipes, chemical composition, pregnancy safety, side effects, health benefits, extract dosage, have a look at these references.
This sections includes definitions from the five kingdoms of living things: Animals, Plants, Fungi, Protists and Monera. It will include both the official binomial nomenclature (scientific names usually in Latin) as well as regional spellings and variants.
See also (Relevant definitions)
No search results for Umsonti; (plurals include: Umsontis) in any book or story.